What You Can Do
Come to a meeting and find out how you can get nvolved in the campaign against Shell's sponsorship of the Wildlife Photographer of The Year Award (and other oil-arts sponsorship activities such as BP's sponsorship of the Tate and the National Portrait Gallery. )
Make an art piece for Art not Oil
Join the campaign against the Mayo pipeline and visit the protest camp. http://struggle.ws/rsc/
Come to the Camp for Climate Action 2007, (www.climatecamp.org.uk). Take action on the root causes of climate change, learn new skills and alternative technologies.
Contact the Natural History Museum and complain about Shell's hypocritical sponsorship.
What You Can Do In Depth
Here is a link to the pages with loads of stuff about what action you can take, ideas and who to contact to help.
Find out HERE.
Letter to us
Here is a letter to us from an organiser of a party that recently visited the NHM to see the Shell Wildlife Exhibition. We think the BBC Wildlife Magazine and the NHM should also read this.
Contact the Judges
Tell em what you think about Shell's sponsorship:-
The judging panel for the 2007 adult and junior competitions.
- Laura Barwick - freelance picture editor
- Mishka Westell - deputy art editor, BBC Wildlife Magazine
- Emma Dearden - senior account handler, Photolibrary Group Ltd
- The Natural History Museum, Image Resources Photographic Unit.
- Jim Brandenburg - nature photographer
- Ysbrand Brouwers - director, Artists for Nature Foundation Striepeweg 5 7675 TG Bruinehaar The Netherlands
- Mark Carwardine - (chair) zoologist, writer and photographer
- David Doubilet - underwater photographer,Undersea Images Inc. P.O. Box 232, Clayton,New York USA 13624
- Rosamund Kidman Cox - editor and writer (Second year running )
- Sophie Stafford - editor, BBC Wildlife Magazine also at the wildlife magazine letters page
- Paul Kitcatt - creative director, Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw
48-50 St. John Street,London, EC1M 4DG
- Klaus Nigge - photographer
- Milán Radisics - graphic designer and nature photographer
- Melissa Ryan - senior photo editor, The Nature Conservancy
4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 100, Arlington,VA 22203-1606
- Pal Steffanson - travel photographer and picture editor Iceland Review